Sunday, February 21, 2010

Watching Pastors Get SKINNY !

It's NOT a diet fad...

It's NOT the latest workout craze...

It's NOT a political statement...

It IS the result of a seed planted.

A seed planted some months ago as I taught on Fasting & Prayer.

This seed took root in the hearts of some of our Indian pastors and it is showing.
Some of our pastors are getting skinny!

When you see dramatic weight loss, it is natural to inquire as to why this is happening, which I did. I was most pleased to hear the answer. "I've been fasting, brother."

The seed from class has taken root in several hearts. Fasting is for them, becoming a more natural part of their week in and week out lives. To hear them talk about it is encouraging as well.

"I called my church to fast and pray and meet at the church every night for a week. We met from 8:00 pm till midnight. Some things are happening brother!"

"Since I started fasting, things have gotten very difficult for my family, but we won't stop. We know this is the right thing to do."

"I am committed to fasting every week. I know God will use it to build the church."

"My wife and I are fasting every Sunday now and we will not stop."

Some have committed to getting up at 3:30 AM daily for prayer!!

The Holy Spirit is stirring in their hearts. As they pray, those prayers, along with their faithful fasting will stir the heart of God. That in turn will cause more hearts to turn to God, which is the whole point after all!

These people have learned that there is a physical price to pay in order to see spiritual results.

They are willing and obedient to the seed which was planted.

The 'getting skinny' part - well, that is just a side benefit !

Blessed to be in Belize,

Ray & Becki

No comments: