Saturday, December 12, 2009

Want $100.00 ?!

Charles suggested an interesting choice...

His question was, "Which would you take, $100.00 or a spiritual gift?"

His answer to his own question was, "If you ask that question to people here in Belize, they will take the $100.00 every time. They don't want the spiritual gift!"
 
I do not know about the scientific validity of his being able to prove his theory but I do believe that he is much closer to being right than he is to being wrong. It makes me think...what would people choose? Sort of makes me wish I had a stack of 100 dollar bills so that I could go out on the street and ask people this question.

I would expect to come away with a much, much smaller stack of 100 dollar bills. I suppose we would say that that is human nature. 

What intrigues me is the idea that some people might choose the spiritual gift...! I'd like to meet those people, get to know them and find out what makes them tick. I'd like to be friends with those people, go to church with those people, work along side those people and generally make those people the ones I would hang with.

I think those people could....would....change the world!

I would also like to be able to know absolutely for certain that when I asked the proposed question and they thoughtfully replied, "I choose the spiritual gift.", that I could pray right then and there and God would honor that prayer by the Spirit's immediate imparting of His chosen spiritual gift to each person. That is not such a strange thing after all. Paul says we should desire the spiritual gifts (1 Corinthians 12:31 ) He also says in Romans 1 that he longs to see them so that he can impart some spiritual gift to them. (Romans 1:11)

I love that.    Real.    Spiritual.     Simple.     I love that.

Something about that just rings true in me. Does it in you?

Is there some longing to be able to offer to pray and impart some spiritual gift to others? 

Is there some longing to see others living in the fullness of what the Spirit would want to give to them?

Is there a longing to put the petal to the metal in this 'money vs spirit' test to see what the outcome would be?

Do you think it would be worth it to give away hundreds of hundred dollar bills...in order to find the few honestly spiritually hungry people out there? 

Fascinating idea. I am sure that by now, some of you are wondering when and where I might do this so that you could be in the area...perhaps to collect 100 dollars....but maybe, just maybe some of you would want to be in the area, in order to receive some spiritual gift.

If that is you, please write to me - I have something in mind...let's just say, it's a spiritual experiment!!    You game??!!

Stirring the pot...

Ray

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I'm game...what is it?